Advent Calendar Day 8: Heart Check

"In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judae'-a. And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matt 3:1-2 KJV).
 
"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (4:17).
 
Jan Paron | December 8, 2014
 
          The Kingdom of heaven is at hand (Matt 3:2) emphasizes Jesus' future kingly reign. John called for the nation of Israel's cleansing in this passage. But it also calls partakers of Christ to repentance in preparation for Jesus' return. As we sit in the desert of the wilderness and reflect, what should we change in ourselves to make smooth the path?
 
         As partakers of Christ, we want to hold fast until the end (Heb 3:14). So, let's take a heart check. What does the Lord find (Ps 129:33)? As for me, I discern the Holy Spirit bring up love. God loves me without condition, so much that He incarnated Himself in Jesus manifested in flesh for the propitiation of my sins (1 John 2:1-2; 4:9-10; cf. Heb 2:17). If I live through Christ, I must love God the same way He loves me. With total self abandonment, I submit myself to His will for my life. In this Advent season, I remind myself how thankful I am for His grace.
 
Scripture
          "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way" (Ps 129:33-34).
 
To ponder: What does God find when He checks your heart?
 
Advent Calendar Day 8: Heart Check
Jan Paron, All Rights Reserved 2014



 Lecrae - Broken ft. Kari Jobe (Lyric Video)  
 
 
Art Journal Page: Mixed media with Pebeo Studio acrylics, gelatos, string gel medium, and lots of household  recyclables for embellishments.

Comments

Popular Posts