Advent Calendar Day 3: Stand Fast

"And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you, so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints" (1 Thess 3:12-13 NKJV).
 
Jan Paron | December 2, 2014
 
          The Apostle Paul in his Thessalonian letters addressed a struggling, persecuted community of believers. He sent Timothy to support and comfort them so they would hold up under tribulations. Paul encouraged them with the advice not to be shaken (3:2-3)."Let no man be moved by these afflictions" (3:3a KJV). Christians then and now face trials concerning our faith. As God's beloved, we should stand fast when confronted by persecution knowing He stays with us to the end (Matt 28:20).

          Standing fast in our faith as we wait for Christ's coming shows in our ability to maintain a lifestyle witness for the Gospel of love to God and one to another (Matt 22:38-40). We cannot do this on our own, but must rely on the Lord for the perfecting of our faith. Just as Paul petitioned God on behalf of the Thessalonians that they abound in love and be blameless in holiness, we must pray the same for ourselves and each other.

My Prayer
Jesus, I thank You for Your atoning blood shed at Calvary and Your Spirit's infilling for our salvation. I repent right now of anything that gave way to the temptor and separated me from You.  
Jesus, I commit to serving You and You only as my King. You are the King of glory, the Lord always strong and mighty in battle. In You, I endure.
I pray for my brethren around the world and lift them up to You. I weep for the pain experienced by the persecuted, but rejoice for great is their reward in heaven.  
Strengthen us Lord as we each confront the battles of faith in our lives. Equip us with faultless and pure hearts, unblameable in holiness. Wrap our hearts in an abundance of Your love that overflows to those around us. In the name of Jesus, I cast out anything that is not of You that would hinder us seeking Your righteousness.  
I praise You Lord--my Shield, my Strength, my Deliverer--for what you already have done for Your beloved and stand unmoved, unshaken in the fulfilled promise of the "Good Thing" until You return again. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray, Amen. 
Jan Paron, All Rights Reserved 2014


Alvin Slaughter - You Are My Shield
 
 
 
Art Journal Page: Mixed media with Pebeo Studio acrylics, washi tape, gelatos, Hero Arts background stamp, stencils, modeling paste, gesso, Derwent watercolor Mod Podge Sparkle sealer, and embellishments.



Comments

Popular Posts