Advent Calendar Day 7: Hope on the Holy Hill

"Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day" (Ps 25:4-5 NKJV).

Jan Paron | December 6, 2014

          During this Advent season, Christ followers reflect on the Hope on the Holy Hill from Ps 25. The psalter wrote this as a prayer about the hope of Israel, perhaps during their Second Temple period after Exile. The nation looked to the return of the Hope, the King of Glory (Ps 23-24). But, who IS the King of glory? None other than the Messiah, "the Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle (24:8; cf. v. 10).

          The Messiah fulfills Israel's hope for deliverance by believing in Him at the advent of His millennial reign. He will ascend to the hill of the Lord and stand in His holy place entering through the "gates" of the city and "everlasting doors" (v. 7; cf. v. 3).

          Jesus Christ is the believers' arrived Hope today. As our Deliverer, we can look and lift up from the depth of our very souls to Him with total trust from the promise of His salvation (25:1-2). Jesus leads us in triumph over sin with our faithful reliance on His Spirit who dwells within us. 

          So, I seek the God of my salvation today for a strengthening with the same prayer as David, each petition asking for His greater guidance: Show, teach, and guide me.
               "Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths.
           Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me,"
          
           (Ps 25:4-5a AMP; cf. Exod 33:13).


Study Verses:
Exod 33:13; Ps 23-24; Prov 8:20; Isa 2:2-3; Micah 4:1-5
         

Jan Paron, All Rights Reserved 2014
 
 
 Marco Barrientos - Hosanna 
 
 
Art Journal Page: Mixed media with white and black gesso, DIY stamping, Dr. Ph. Martin's India ink, Fude ball black ink pen 1.5, Uniball signo, DIY transfer tape, and whitewashing.
 

Comments

Popular Posts