Homespun Christmas Heart Workshop


Are you looking for an organic look for stitching Christmas gifts? Then, come join me for a homespun Christmas. To express your interest please post in the comment box below.

November 29, 2022 at 10am-12pm -- CDT on Zoom

I'll teach how to select fabric, age material, cut out a pattern, create a limited palette, back stitch lettering, stitch simple surface design with Sashiko, and transfer font. 

Students will join me live on Zoom as I teach the process either working along with me or later to complete the project. A Google classroom will provide students with a forum to post their work for feedback from the teacher and encouraging words from classmates. I'll make the class video available afterwards on Vimeo. Also, I'll send out a PDF pattern via e-mail and instructional workbook of the lesson to participants. However, I encourage students to be creative and explore their own heart shapes and sizes.  Students can either hand sew or machine stitch their heart.

Materials: 
  • Fabric (Loose weave in white, red, ivory, and beige hues)
  • Backing such as muslin/calico, old sheet, wool/acrylic felt, medium weight flannel or double or single gauze
  • FriXion pen or water soluble marking pen

  • 8 and 12 wt threads to match fabric (I purchase 8 wt from Thread Art and 12 wt from Sulky.)

  • Embroidery scissors and sharp shears

  • Sharp needle

  • Tea and/or iron water, ink
  • Instrument to push in the stuffing (Stuffing Tool)

  • Cotton batting or fiber fill (You also could stuffed it with shredded tee shirt material.)

  • Wire or ribbon for hanger

  • Instructional PDF
Optional: 
Finished product

Sizing up my layout

Material spread


Hope to see you November 29 at 10 am on Zoom! 

"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (Isa 9:6 NKJV). 

Comments

Popular Posts