Stitching a Story

Several weeks prior to Easter, the Spirit moved me to tell my salvation story through textiles. He gave me the layout and narrative. It took me three weeks of intense, day-long stitching to complete the piece. 


What a beautiful experience! I sat with Jesus reflecting about my return to Him after more than a 20-year absence--the one lost sheep He found, laid on His shoulders, and rejoiced over in the reunion (Luke 15:4-5). Regardless of my turning away, the Lord pursued me.  

This time of stitching also gave me pause to realize how He sees me: loved, chosen, forgiven, redeemed, adopted,  new creation, and His daughter. I had wandered off and lost myself to the world, even my own identity.  However, as a new creation I gained all the benefits as a member of the kingdom of God. He turned around my life from lost to found! 






Would you like to know Jesus as your Savior? Receive and commit to Him as your Lord and Christ. It is never too late. Acts 2:37-38 tells you how. The verse took place on the day of Pentecost. The apostle Peter spoke to the crowd gathered for the feast after the outpouring of Jesus' Spirit. Cut to the heart the people asked what shall they do? Peter responded, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38). 

God bless!

Jan Paron, PhD

May 16, 2022

Comments

Popular Posts