Save Your Scraps!

        After sewing a number of textile projects, my scrap bag filled up to the top of the bag. I started considering what I might do with these pieces that I might use with later projects. 


        So, I came up with a Boro-inspired square, fabric strip (about 2" x 12"), quilt piece, ribbon, and textile tag. Basically, I grouped the material pieces by color, laid them out on single gauze strip, and basted them down. In the case of the Boro-inspired square, I also stitched it in swirls. You can see some of the pieces I made from scraps below. Most came from the fabric strip. 


Boro-inspired square, pre stitched


Beginnings of a heart from the square


Fabric strip


Quilt piece


Ribbon and a textile tag


Textile tag 

            I still have a few pieces left from the fabric strip to make another tag to match a heart I started. What do you make with your scraps?


"Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it" (Ps 34:14).

Comments

Popular Posts