Advent Calendar Day 1: Be Ready

"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh" (Luke 21:27-28 KJV).
 
Jan Paron | November 30, 2014
 
Advent Calendar Day 1: Be Ready
 
          This blog features reflection of the Word through artistic expression. With Christmas just a short time away, Advent seemed a natural place to begin. Advent for me signals a time to celebrate the first coming of Jesus Christ, and His second yet to come. I approach this season pensively with self-examination for living a life that shines His light and renewed enthusiasm for sharing the Good News of the Gospel with others.

          I am journaling the passages from the Pause, Ponder, and Prepare Advent study. My gratitude goes out to Diane Marra and Bernice Hopper for supporting others in their Christian journey with these Advent materials. If you would like to know more about what they offer, please visit the His Kingdom Come website.

Jan Paron, All Rights Reserved 2014

          As I painted this page, I felt the heavy presence of the Holy Spirit. I kept hearing Him whisper, "Be ready," in my ear while working. He led me to paint Jesus the Son of Man in silhouette form, somewhat hazy because Jesus has yet to return. Jesus stands centered within a cloud amidst the wheels of time. The wheels pick up speed with each day's passing.
 
          We are to look for Him "in a cloud with power and great glory" (Luke 21:27), and ready ourselves for His second coming. When I finished the page, I believe the Lord spoke again: "Be ready. Just be ready." I wept in anticipation of His return wanting to be counted worthy to stand in the presence of the Son of Man. Am I ready?



Art Journal Page: Mixed media with gesso, underpaper, gelli printing, Pebeo Studio acrylics, inchie, DIY & professional stencils, gelatos, Fude ball black ink pen 1.5, and Color Box pigment stamp pad.
 

 

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt moment. I could feel the emotion through your words and art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Much emotion did come through this study for me. For many weeks I had heard the Holy Spirit say, "Be ready." I kept meditating and praying on it. When I studied Scripture and painted the journal page, it started coming together for me. During prayer this evening, I spent time in repentance. Lord, help me be ready. Blessings, Jan

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts